September 29th, 2016
October 21st, 2016
October 31st, 2016
DSL Shared Task
Call for papers
We welcome papers dealing with one or more of the following topics.
- Language resources and tools for similar languages, varieties and dialects
- Adaptation of tools (taggers, parsers) for similar languages, varieties and dialects;
- Evaluation of language resources and tools when applied to language varieties;
- Reusability of language resources in NLP applications (e.g., for machine translation, POS tagging, syntactic parsing, etc.);
- Corpus-driven studies in dialectology and language variation;
- Automatic identification of lexical variation;
- Automatic classification of language varieties;
- Text similarity and adaptation between language varieties;
- Linguistic issues in the adaptation of language resources and tools (e.g., semantic discrepancies, lexical gaps, false friends);
- Machine translation between closely related languages, language varieties and dialects.
Submissions should be formatted according to the COLING template and submitted in PDF format through START. We strongly recommend you to prepare your manuscript using LaTeX.
Manuscripts should contain maximum 10 pages (8 pages of content + 2 pages for references). The review process will be double-blind.
Papers will be presented orally or as posters.
- Submission deadline:
September 20th, 2016 September 29th, 2016
- Acceptance Notification:
October 14th, 2016 October 21st, 2016
- Camera-ready versions:
October 30th, 2016 October 31st, 2016
- Workshop: December 12th, 2016